When your birthday rolls around, it’s easy to get overwhelmed with what to actually do and who to invite and so on and so forth. Just under 5 days until I turn the boring age of 19 and I still don’t have a clue what I’m going to wear for my party tonight- I’ve chosen not to celebrate my actual birthday on Christmas Eve from past experiences. So what do you tell your friends when they call to ask you what are you going to wear? Below, you’ll find not only suggestions I’ve come up with to answer my very own question, but also advice on how to choose the perfect outfit. You guys can help me out with a voting system which is located at the end of this post entitled Fashion Poll – ‘this’or ‘that’? or by commenting ‘this or that’ on my instagram here. Your votes will be really be helpful so don’t be afraid to be Santa’s little fashion helper for the next couple of hours before the poll closes at 5pm GMT on the 19th December.
The Steph Bow Front Bandeau Playsuit is the cutest little thing going it’s perfect for day or play, a playsuit that will solve your style SOS season. Pick this berry red for the Christmas hols, a playsuit for a fashion favourite that’s easy to wear for every day and requires no effort on nights out. Strappy swing styles and basic jersey bandeaus are your saviour, and printed kimono sleeve all in ones quirky for cocktails. Solve those what-to-wear occasions and step out in a playsuit for those turkey dinners.
The Primrose Soft Touch Keyhole Front Playsuit is the perfect glam (jazz it up with some sparkly jewellery girls) dress for the any Christmas party. It’s effortless – just pair it up with strappy sandals to finish the look. You can’t go wrong with cut out keyhole detail on this cheeky number – it adds a twist to a classic style and it’s a popular trend at the moment that’s been brewing for quite some time now. It’s safe to say that the keyhole cut out is one of the hottest looks.
It’s a simple look, but can be very sexy.
- As for a dress or playsuit you need something that makes you the centre of attention. Stand out. The moment people enter the room, their eyes should fall on you. Make it obvious whose party it is.
- Choose something chic and comfortable all at the same time.
- Be a forward girl who isn’t afraid to mix patterns and prints.
- Ask a friend “What do you think looks best?” or even ask the sales associates in stores as they know the clothing better than you do and what styles look best.
- For the more casual kind of party wear a cute or funky skirt to set up the mood or jeans with a nice blouse or top. It’s okay to wear skinny jeans too if your not expected to move around a lot.
- The holiday season seems to almost be synonymous with glitter and sparkle. And as much as love a little bling, it can often be difficult to incorporate it into your wardrobe without looking like a disco ball. Limit yourself to the maximum of 3 accessories – a necklace, pair of earrings and a ring perhaps.